Monday 9 June 2008

FORMULA FOOD - ROUND 7

CANADA = POUTINE (pronounced put sin)

Hmmm! What can be said about poutine.... Well it's basically chips, cheese curds & gravy. Rather peculiar for a national dish but there you go. It's one of those things that sounds a bit odd, so it would probably be really good! I didn't use cheese curds (I actually didn't try to get them), I read that mozzarella was the next best thing - so I just used that. I think my problem with poutine is that I'm just not a fan of chips & gravy, I finished it though. It was quiet good as hangover comfort food - maybe the Canadians have lots of hangovers!
Conclusion: If I was Canadian, I would invent something else as a national dish!
Would I make it again? No!

Poutine:
Chips of your choice (I oven bake my own), cheese curds or 1 ball of buffalo mozzarella per person, very hot chicken gravy.

1. Cook chips, tear over cheese, cover with gravy & leave a couple of mins for the cheese to start melting.


No comments: