Thursday 21 August 2008

WILLIES ARE GREAT

Those who know me best will know that I have a great fondness for anything willy! Now I have discovered a new Willie to admire! It's Willie Harcourt-Cooze. I watched his programme on channel 4 earlier this year, Willie's Wonky Chocolate Factory, a series about his deep passion for chocolate, growing the cacao in his forest in Venezuela, then bringing the beans back to this country & producing & marketing his 100% cacao bar. Very interesting stuff. Well yesterday, I was in Waitrose & finally bought a bar, a bit pricey (I first thought) at £5.99 but now I've actually used some it is so worth every penny.

I have just made some hot chocolate with it & I must admit, it's the nicest I've ever had. 1 part grated cacao, 1 part milk, 2 parts water, 1 tsp sugar, boil & drink - gorgeous! There's a recipe for a chocolate cake that I shall be trying when we come back from Richard & Sam's wedding this weekend & I've just found a nice sounding Mexican Mole recipe (savoury chilli & chocolate sauce), that I shall tweak & experiment with next week.

I can't recommend this enough - just go & buy some & have a play - what's 6 quid?, an everyday bottle of wine that's all, this is much better :-)

1 comment:

The Author said...

I will try it. I love chocolate and my favourite is Green and Blacks Black Cherry - but your recommendation is next on my list to try. Glad you had a great holiday - and fancy you making posh linguine on a camp site - go Delia!!! Love you loads and see you very soon for the christening (nearly september now and then it's only one more month - I'm so excited about teaching her to be naughty). Love to all of you xxx