Sunday 20 May 2007

FISH, CHIPS & MUSHY PEAS ...

...And the best part of 11 bottles of wine(!), were consumed on Friday night by Mum, Dianne, David, Christian and myself. As you can imagine yesterday was a complete write off! We spent the day in front of the TV, drinking vast amounts of diet Coke and eating Rustlers microwaveable lip & hoof burgers. It was worth though, we had had a great time, and it goes without saying that I'm never drinking again, again!! Here's the menu.

Canapes:
Chorizo Bites, Asparagus & Cream Cheese Rolls and Union Square Cafe Bar Nuts.

Starter:
Asparagus & Fried Halloumi Salad with Chilli Dressing.

Main Course:
Salmon Fillets with Crispy Bacon Bits, Minted Mushy Peas, Crushed Jersey Royal Potatoes, Baked Carrots with Cumin, Thyme, Butter & Pouilly Fume and Caper Sauce.

Pudding:
Ginger Syllabub with Ginger Biscuits.

Cheese:
Saint Agur, Cambazola, Mrs Bell's Blue, Hartington Stilton, Oak Smoked Cheddar & Somersby with Crackers & Grapes.

It was all very lovely, even if I do say so myself! Good food, good company & far too much wine, I can't think of a better way to spend an evening and I'm sure my Dad would have agreed.

2 comments:

Christian Briddon said...

The food was indeed delicious, but it's a good job I was sober to make sure things didn't get out of hand. ;-)

The Author said...

ooh sounds delicious - can I come round for tea?