Sunday 27 May 2007

HOME ALONE

Today Christian has gone off to Headingley in Leeds with about 20 of the boys from work to "watch the cricket", as it is lashing it down, I don't expect much cricket will be watched but I do expect much beer will be consumed!
Anyway, this means that Alice and I are having a lovely girlie day. We have just been playing at "doing hair" and we are about to have a brunch carpet picnic of orange juice and danishes. For this afternoon, we have the best planned - snuggling on the sofa with a pizza, Maltesers and "The Sound of Music" dvd. Oh yes!! Boys are all well and good and I do believe they have their place in a family! but you must admit, daughters are the best gift to any mother!!

1 comment:

The Author said...

OOh - if he's been outside all day in this rain he'll be well fed up when he gets home - I know because I have and I am!!! Girlie days are great - in fact girls are great and boys are well, ...just boys (and they smell funny!) Hope you've enjoyed it!!!