Wednesday 6 June 2007

SHE SHOOTS, SHE SCORES!

This week it is sports week at Alice's pre-school. We entered her into 5 events and everyone has sponsored her. Her 5 events were running, jumping, be an animal race, catch a ball and score a goal. Unfortunately, parents couldn't go to watch as everything takes place during outside playtime. But today I went early to collect Alice (as did a couple of other Mum's) and crept round the back of school to take a sneaky peak!
We found them doing the score a goal event, where all the children lined up in front of a little person's goal post and were taking it in turns to try and score a goal. I say all, all but one really. Yes Alice had managed to get herself a ball and was repeatedly kicking it at the wall, shouting "Yippee!" each time it bounced off! She hadn't quite got the right idea but she was having a great time and I was very proud as the other Mum's thought this was very cute!
We're off to Manchester tomorrow to see The Wiggles in concert - I think I am more excited than Alice (sad I know!). I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Christian Briddon said...

Judging by Alice's sporting prowess I think she would have been best at the 'Be An Animal' race, but only if she could work out that a)She had to run faster than everyone else and b)there was a course to follow.

Personally, I doubt it. :-)