Friday 8 June 2007

THE WONDERFUL WIGGLES FROM OZ!

Yesterday Alice and I drove over to Manchester to see The Wiggles, they were fantastic! The drive over was pretty straight forward, thanks to Tom Tom, apart from an annoying 30 mins of 1st gear crawling through Stockport. I can live with traffic jams, if you don't know the area there's not much you can do about it. The annoying part came from our conversation - anyone that's had small children will remember this:
A-"What's that sound?"
V- "A lorry"
A- "Why?"
V- "Because that's the sound a lorry makes."
A- "Why?" etc....
Anyway back to the concert, we got there at 10.30 and parked in the car park next to the theatre - on the 14th floor, so after carrying Alice down the 14 flights of stairs and later back up them (lift full of fat lazy Mancs!) I didn't feel so bad for missing the gym on Monday!

The Wiggles came on at 11am and sang all the old favourites and danced away for an hour and a half. I can't believe how fit they were, Geoff (purple wiggle) is 54 next month but you wouldn't think it. He was also running through the audience, he stopped to say hello and wave to various children, Alice included (we had end of aisle seats in the centre block of the stalls)but she hid her face in my hair! so he said hello to me anyway!
I was sorry when it ended, they were brilliant - especially my favourites Anthony (blue wiggle) and Captain Feathersword! (& yes you can fancy children's entertainers - just ask Christian or David Callaghan about their drunken debate on "Josie Jump vs Miss Hoolie" from Balamory).
The only down point was the price of the merchandise £6 for a balloon, £16 for a flashing stick, I don't think so! Luckily Alice was happy with a Northern Ballet leaflet with a picture of Angelina Ballerina on it. Hat's off to them though, parents were falling over themselves to buy everything!
Anyway 10/10 for a brilliant mother/daughter day!

Pictures are here.

1 comment:

Christian Briddon said...

I still say you took Alice to see them because YOU wanted to go more than her!!

I also think you will find that Josie Jump is the winner in the Ballamory argument. The clue is in her name!! :-)