Thursday 21 June 2007

THE GREAT BRITISH MENU RESTAURANT

Finally, I have the pictures of the food we ate last week.
Starter:
I had Smoked Salmon with Sour Cream, Blini and Soda Bread.
Dianne had Texture of Pea - this was different to the TV show winner but still very nice, Pea Sorbet, Chilled Pea Soup and Pea Shoots.

Fish Course:
I had Turbot with Oxtail and Cockles.
Dianne had Poached Salmon with Sea Vegetables and 1 very rubbery Mussel!

Main Course:
I had Roast Venison with Potato Cake, Spring Cabbage and Roast Root Vegetables.
Dianne had Rabbit and Crayfish Stargazy Pie with Broad Beans.

Pudding:
I had Custard Tart with Garibaldi Biscuits.
Dianne had Perry & Berry Jelly with Elderflower Ice Cream.

We tried a bit of everything but I must admit I did prefer mine! I just thought my menu went together better. My main course and pudding were my favourites. I'll apologise for the photo's, I don't need to learn how to take a good picture being married to David Bailey and all!

1 comment:

Christian Briddon said...

David Bailey? Who's he?