Saturday 26 May 2007

GREAT BRITISH MENU

I don't know if you've been watching it, but the votes have been counted and the results are in. We now know the 2007 menu.
Starter - Slow Poached Egg, Pea Sorbet & Ham.
Fish Course - Poached Salmon with Duck Egg on Wheaten Toast.
Main Course - Rabbit & Crayfish Stargazy Pie with Mushy Peas.
Pudding - Perry Jelly & Summer Fruits with Elderflower Ice-Cream.

Yummy! But why as I so bothered? Well sod the fact that it was created for a banquet at the British Embassy in Paris for a load of French foodie big-wigs, yes bugger that! It's because Dianne (mother-in-law) & I have a table booked at The Great British Menu Restaurant at the Good Food Show on the 14th June!! And now we know what we'll be eating! We are going to order a 2006 and a 2007 full 4 course meal and share them, so we can try everything - what a good idea!

3 comments:

Christian Briddon said...

I was not bothered about you going to the Good Food Show but since you told me what you would be eating I am truely jealous!!

David Callaghan said...

I like the desert they had on the show the other week which was Earl Grey Cream Tea and Eccles cakes...

Yum yum

Victoria said...

Yes, that was my favourite of the series. I'll get the recipe for when you next come to ours.