Thursday 13 March 2008

FORMULA FOOD

This weekend sees the start of this year's formula 1 season - I can't wait, Christian & I have been looking forward to this for ages (Sunday is also 15 years since our 1st kiss - & before you ask, no he isn't taking me out - I'm babysitting while Christian goes out!).

Anyway, this year I have decided to combine 2 of my favourite passions - food & F1.

As each grand prix is in a different country, I am going to cook something traditional to that country or something that country is famous for. For example, this weekend is in Australia. There isn't anything particularly traditional from Oz, other than shrimps on a barbie & Vegemite sandwiches, so we'll be having stroganoff - kangaroo stroganoff to be exact - do you see how this is going to work?! It's just a good excuse to play with different foods I probably wouldn't think of trying. I'll post each race weekend to tell you what we've had & how it was.

The most uninteresting will be the British grand prix as thanks to a couple of start/finish line tickets, we'll be eating from concession stands that weekend - not bad though for a country that seems to think chicken tikka massala is one of its top 10 dishes, but that's a different post!

1 comment:

Christian Briddon said...

Yum yum!!!! Can I have a large portion of 'Roo as I will be REALLY hungover on Sunday. :-)

Love you!!!