Monday 10 March 2008

A DUMMY - NOT IN MY HOUSE!

I have recently done something to my 6 weeks old baby that I am ashamed off - Christian will go mad when I tell him. I can't bear to see babies/small children sucking on a dummy, I much prefer thumb sucking! I know that there's a bone in a thumb & it can push their front teeth forward & blah blah blah (the dentist told me off after seeing Alice sucking her thumb!) but this image is so much nicer than a dummy face.

Anyway - I have just given Amelia a dummy & she loves it!!!! She has been crying on & off all day, so to save my sanity more than anything I tried her with an old dummy that we had for Alice (she hated it!) & peace has been restored - hooray!! Now I can get on with the housework I've had on hold for 6 weeks - not so hooray!!

2 comments:

Christian Briddon said...

You are dead to me!!

;-)

The Author said...

I was a 'never a dummy for my child' mother too...until one day when the crying just got too much. I bought six. After that no problem, and yes Dan did have a brace for a while - but nowadays they put braces on nearly all kids...and at eighteen - she still sucks her thumb sometimes!!!!