Thursday 23 October 2008

GINGER ROGERS MOVE OVER

I am on such a high, I have just got back from my first ever tap dancing lesson!

Alice & my friend Ruth's daughter Charlotte have been going to dance classes on a Saturday morning for a few weeks now. When their dance teacher first mentioned about them doing tap, she put on her tap shoes & did a few steps. Mine & Ruth's jaws dropped to the floor in amazement! It was then that we learnt we have both always wanted to tap dance - hence tonight's outing!

Shirley, the teacher (who has very little patience with 3 year olds!) is fantastic, so are all the other ladies who go. I say ladies as they are all older, 40s, 50s & 60s I would guess - they are so lovely & we had a great laugh, my jaw actually aches!

According to Shirley (& the others), we were brilliant for our first time. Its quiet hard but we have both been bitten by the tap bug! It's going to be shuffle, ball change, stamp, heel, tap down the aisles in Sainsburys for me from now on - I'll let you know how we progress!

2 comments:

The Author said...

Oh My god - I am so jealous - I would LOVE to have tap lessons :)

Victoria said...

That's what everyone says!! Another friend is joining us next week!