Saturday 18 October 2008

SO EXCITING!

Maybe I'm a bit sad but who cares? Not I. I have a great love of 2 things (children & family besides) - cooking & Christmas & it has always been a bit of a let down because I never get to cook Christmas for everyone as we always go to Christian's mum's. 1 year I was allowed to do a Christmas dinner for Easter, but it wasn't really the same!

But anyway, this year I finally persuaded Christian to have Christmas at our house, just us, the girls, my mum & hopefully Auntie Tricia. Christian's mum had bought me Nigella's new Christmas book & had made me decide that I was doing the big day, like it or lump it! Yesterday morning, I plucked up enough courage (helped along by the mother of all hangovers), & phoned my mother-in-law to tell her that we wouldn't be going to hers after all..... it went surprisingly well & she completely understood! Then the afternoon came & another phone call from Dianne "If Richard & Sam aren't coming after all, please can me, David, my mother & Eric come to yours too!!!"

As it happens Richard & Sam are going to her parents, so it's 10 for lunch then!! I must start writing lists!! So exciting!!!

No comments: