Saturday 4 October 2008

I LOVE AUTUMN

I've always loved autumn - probably because I was born in it & married in it & had my 1st baby in it! I love the smell of it. I love the chill of it. I love the colour of it. It just suits me. I mainly love the food of it! Yes lets get down to it! It's the weather of beef in Guinness, hot pot & casserole & dumplings on cold drizzly evenings - mmm. This week we had the 1st meat & potato pie & mushy peas of the season (yes Tracy, with Hendersons!). Salads/grilled meat/quiches etc are all very well, but bring on the autumn/winter food!

2 comments:

Christian Briddon said...

As you know I agree. Autumn is the best season!

The Author said...

I agree with you wholeheartedly there. I love Autumn - the colours are sooo lovely - all the changes and I even like the cold coming - as long as I have the correct coat!!! I like coming home and hunkering down for the night...cosy!! Glad you're having Hendersons on your pie!!!