Saturday 1 September 2007

I'M GETTING TOO OLD

Yesterday, after the scan, Christian and I went to Uncle Sam's for a cheeseburger - as you do. I was sat facing Champs (dodgy sports bar opposite the restaurant) and was reading to signs in the window. I read - "Friday night, live music, starting at 9:30" "Ooh" I said to Christian, "That's a bit late to start, it's nearly bedtime." Thankfully he agreed! What a pair of sad old farts. What happened to the days of getting home at 3am and getting up for work at 7am 2 or 3 nights a week, before you even start on the weekends?

2 comments:

Christian Briddon said...

I would not go so far as to say I agreed. I at least can still give the ball a good kick when required. :-)

The Author said...

I love being in my pyjamas by 9pm and watching the last hour of TV until 10pm, then off to bed. If I stay up to watch the ten o clock news - I feel like I've stayed up late!!!! If I do ever go out, I worry that I'm going to be tired - and therefore grumpy - the next day!!!