Thursday 18 October 2007

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Today is Christian and my 5th wedding anniversary. 5 years - can you believe it was that long since we all got bladdered at Hassop Hall that Friday afternoon/night?!

To celebrate we are going out for a meal on Saturday night to The Walnut Club in Hathersage (yes I know it's the rugby final & I did offer to change it to Friday night but Christian said no). We've been meaning to go for ages, but it's quite a way from home and as we both like a drink we usually go somewhere nearer (Christian is too tight to pay large taxi fares!), but as I'm knocked up I will be driving!!


I have also taken this opportunity to practice making tiered cakes. This one is a brandy soaked (I try to get a snifter wherever possible these days!) fruit cake on the bottom and lemon sponge on top - I'm sure some will be winging it's way to SDL next week. Christian has bought me "French For Dummies" as I'm re-learning French and I got him a bottle of Balvenie single malt.

1 comment:

The Author said...

Get the CDs by Michel Thomas to leatrn French - they're brilliant and you learn very quickly. I'm impressed - Ooooh la la. When are you sending me some food?