Tuesday 9 October 2007

A DISTURBING NEW DOLL

There is a new doll on the market at the moment that is really quite disturbing. It's the Chou Chou Mummy Make Me Better Doll, you may have seen it advertised with all the other Christmas adverts that are on TV.
This one however, is all about making baby Chou Chou better. You take her temperature, give her medicine etc, fair enough lets teach our children to care for people there's nothing wrong with that.
But then comes the "bruise feature". You bruise the baby on the arm, then rub it better (ie apply heat to the bruised area) until the doll laughs, then all is well and no one need know.

Correct me if I'm wrong (& I don't think I'm reading too much into it this time), but is teaching your children to bruise babies, then to cover it up really what we should be doing?
P.S. Toys R Us have already sold out of this doll - and judging by the types of people you generally meet there, I'm not surprised!

1 comment:

Christian Briddon said...

It is indeed very disturbing and Alice can't have one no matter how many times she says "I want that". :-)