Sunday 7 September 2008

COCO OR LEROY? WHO WILL SHE BE?

Yesterday, Alice went to her very first dance class - aaahhhh! Poor Shirley Tindall - she's been the teacher at the Bradway School Of Dance for the past 45 years, yes 45 years! - which means that she was my ballet teacher when I was 3 - all those years ago! Not a patient woman, but dance needs discipline. My friend, Ruth (who took her daughter Charlotte aswell) & I started quoting 'Fame' when the class finished, - to our 2, 3yr olds (imagine a large cane banging down on the floor), "Fame costs, & right here is were you start paying.... in sweat" - we had just promised to get them to practice at home!

Anyway, she learnt how to do 1st position & how to plie, how to mime being a frog, kangaroo & rabbit & I learnt that apparently my daughter has a problem pronouncing her 'Ls', hmmm this woman is apparently very good, so we'll let it go!! :) It was so emotional to watch - Ruth & I kept looking at each other with ours eyes full! Even when it was each others girl who had just done something good! or not!!!

However, driving home afterwards, just past Tinkers Corner (which is the start of the country stretch home), & just before the farm/stables/cattery/farm shop (ie BE CAREFUL) - there was a girl riding a horse in front of me - fine, hold back. But some bloody 'C U Next Tuesday' was driving in the opposite direction & drove past at such a speed, not slowing down. The puddle he drove through (a couple of meters in front of the horse), covered his car, the speed he was going was f***ing ridiculous - what is it with tw*tty lads? Poor pony, he semi reared (well, he backed right down on his hind legs & came up a bit at the front -don't know the official term for that), then spun round & started heading for my car. I stayed still for a while until she had settled him & asked her if she was OK & needed any help - she was fine, thankfully. But what an idiot, why would you think that driving like that past an animal would be ok? My cousin knackered her back following a similar incident.

1 comment:

The Author said...

That is the technical term for that - well done Victoria!!! I always wish that the horse would jump on the bonnet of the car and smash it up!!! People can be very thoughtless when coming across people riding horses on the road - it's a good job that you weren't!!! I remember taking Dan to ballet classes - she hated it!!! But it used to make me cry too!!! Bless her xxx