Sunday 21 September 2008

JOBSWORTH

Do you remember 'That's Life' on TV with Esther Rantzen & the 'Jobsworth' feature? Well I've found them a new one!

Yesterday, I took Alice to a 4 year olds birthday party at Easy Tigers (it's one of those awful play centres, all ball pools, slides & screaming kids!). It's hell on earth, as you can imagine, but children love it! Anyway, it was a party of about 20 3-4 years olds, their Mums & a few babies (I chose to leave mine at home!). You can imagine the scene, playing in the play area, a tea party followed by a disco - delightful! Whilst they were all eating their sandwiches, one Mum gave her 9 month old baby a bottle, who promptly through the whole thing up afterwards as babies do! No one thought anything of it, why would you? Then the (18 year old!) manager came into the party room & instructed the mother & baby to leave!!! for 'health & safety reasons'!!! We were all gob smacked!

Babies throw up, it's a fact, it's not even proper puke, it's just milk! The manager even walked outside with the mother, to make sure she left! The poor woman had to sit in the car, waiting for her daughter to finish the party. I still can't believe it, what a bloody jobsworth.

I should have told her about the time Amelia was sick in the baby ball pool & Lyndsey & I just mixed it in with the balls!!!

5 comments:

Christian Briddon said...

You left Amelia at home? I thought you took her with you!!

:-)

The Author said...

Well - it's a good job I wasn't there - I would have twatted him :)

The Author said...

Well - it's a good job I wasn't there - I would have twatted him :)

Victoria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victoria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.