Monday 19 October 2009

ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND

Yesterday was Christian & my 7th wedding anniversary - blimey! & we had a fantastic weekend.

On Friday night we went to the Arena to see my favourites Spandau Ballet! They were amazing, as cheesy as ever - I love 'em! It was Gary Kemp's 50th birthday too, the years have been particularly kind to him & I found him very fanciable phwooor!! The years hadn't been as kind to John Keeble the drummer, who just looked like a bit of a scruff who never had a job!!! (I'm sure he's a very nice man though). All the songs were great & I still knew all the lyrics. Tony Hadley didn't hold the notes as long as he used to & the whole songs were played quite a bit slower. Christian thought this was their new tweak on old material, personally I believe there were just a bit knackered - they've been at it for 30 years to be fair! The whole night was fantastic though!

On Saturday night Christian cooked for me & we had an exclusive dinner party! He did trout salad with saffron as a starter followed by beef fillet with a gratin of mushrooms, creamed horseradish spinach & rosemary & garlic saute potatoes. It was gorgeous. We sat at the table until 3am ish, talking & drinking far too much & it was really lovely. We should really make the effort to sit & talk over a nice meal more often, instead of eating & rushing off to do something else.

Then on Sunday .... oohhhh..... bit of a thick head! Too much wine, 3 hours sleep & 2 lively children doesn't work that well! But we soldiered on! And what a reward - after a fantastic race, Jenson Button clinched the drivers world championship. Very well deserved! And so to bed. I have to say I feel 100% better today. What a great weekend - thank you Briddons - a job well done!


No comments: