Thursday 15 October 2009

RUNNING PART 3

As the alarm sounded at 6am this morning & I heard the rain lashing against the window, my heart sank a little. I pulled my weary body out of bed - eyes still slightly closed, to find that my legs didn't ache anymore - yay! The muscles in my thighs have been having a right party this last couple of days, catching up with their long lost muscle cousins that we didn't even realise existed anymore!

Apparently I ran too fast on Tuesday, hence my pain. So today - this rainy Thursday morning - I opted for stretches, followed by 2 mins brisk walk & then the good old 'Inman Shuffle', a ridiculous running technique engineered by my father-in-law. Not quite as bad as that episode of 'Friends', where Phoebe & Rachel run around Central Park like spazes, but not far from it! Definitely one for dark mornings with a baseball cap on to disguise your identity. But it works a treat! I feel great & my thigh muscles are very happy - thank you dear father-in-law!

2 comments:

Christian Briddon said...

Well done sweetie. :-)

The Author said...

I'm impressed - very impressed :)