Thursday 8 October 2009

LAKELAND RULES!

Being something of a half descent cook (own trumpet successfully blown) - I have decided to concentrate on my presentation a bit - too much 'Masterchef - The Professionals' I fear. Anyway I've been looking in to buying some cooking rings - you know, those little metal rings to mold whatever & make it look all restauranty.


I went down 2 routes originally, firstly to buy some. I found that they range (generally) between £2.99 & 10 quid each. The only problem with that is you are stuck with the same size & I'd probably be spending £50 as I wanted 6.


Plan B was a great chav approach! Wash empty Heinz Pasta Shapes tins & remove the bottom! Hhmmm! I think we can do a bit better than that.


So after a bit more thinking & a prompt by the way of a brochure through the door, I tried good old Lakeland. They had had a massive brain wave on the cooking ring front & come up with these affordable & size altering beauties - not to mention they store away flat. You can even (with the aid of a v sharp knife) add some more slits for even smaller rings. Oh fabulous! Needless to say my 6 rings are here & awaiting use!

No comments: